Sunday, January 30, 2011

2011 Bird Festival

You would be surprised at what is going on in your town that you are not aware of. You can usually find a lot to do that is fun, free, and interesting. This week I discovered the Annual Bird Festival. Now I am not a bird watcher, but they had a free workshop for kids to build bird houses. The kids have always loved to feed the birds that visit our backyard. The day was beautiful and warm. We arrived a little after 11:00 and were greeted by so many others coming out to enjoy the wonderful weather and free project. We got out bird houses, aprons, and waited for an opening. After about 5 minutes I decided that we would take them home for Dad to help us and then paint them. What a great family night project.

Rylee in her apron she was standing by the birdhouses making sure nobody touched them.


WOW! what a turnout.

The Santa Clara River ... Can we go down and play?


Getting way to close for my comfort level. I was sure that Reganne was going to fall. She surprised me and didn't get wet.

Check out your local magazines, website for fun, free, and interesting activities.

No comments: