Monday, January 3, 2011

One Last Christmas Post

I found these pictures on my camera that I completely forgot about. I love nativity sets and we currently have 4 in various sizes, colors, and shapes. The one thing that always remains the same is the figures and of course the Baby Jesus. This year as I started decorating the house and opened the container with them all inside. Ryder was quickly by my side and full of questions. He looked at each piece and wanted to know who it was. We finally came to the baby and he quickly knew it was a baby. He didn't know what baby it was or it's name. I talked with him about Christmas and told him the story of Baby Jesus. He was off on another task.

I always put my Navitiy sets on the floor in various rooms and under the Christmas Tree. This year was no different.

The fun soon began. All three kids quickly became fascinated by two of the sets. I found them in various arrangements. At one point Ryder had his matchbox cars parked at the stable. One was a pizza truck. Bringing Baby Jesus some pizza to eat. One was a worker man's car to fix the stable. It was falling apart and needed to be fixed for Baby Jesus.


One night last week I discovered Ryder had brought his blankets out and piled them on the floor. He then brought each piece over the blankets to get them warm. The next time I checked on him. I discovered all three kids playing around the two sets and telling each other parts of the story they remembered.
I loved just listening to them and knowing that the lessons we work so hard to teach are getting thru to them.
It was sad yesterday to pack them all away for the year. Again, Ryder was there to help me. He quietly watched as one by one I wrapped them up and put them back into the container. He was then off and running.

No comments: