Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Let's Go Fly A Kite

March is not kite flying weather in St George. The winds don't really start until May. Then it really starts to blow. We go from no wind whatsoever to gusty winds that would blow you over. Friday looked at if it would be a great night to try. We still had our kits that we never flew after the kite festival. I forgot my camera, but remembered my cell phone camera. Not too bad, but not too good either.

One at a time we go them into the air. For about a 1/2 hour they flew really good. Then the gusty winds started. Reganne let go and hers started to fly away. I watched for a minute to see if it would land. No use running after it if it took flight. It landed across the street at the school and stuck to the trees. I retrieved it and Reganne ran after me crying and screaming to get it.

Reganne & Rylee with their kites

Dad & Ryder putting together the monster kite

The wind really started to gust. We didn't want to have to chase kids and kites so we called it a night.

No comments: