Monday, June 7, 2010

The Keyboard

Rylee has asked since she was about 4 years old to play the piano. The reply has always been the same. You need to be able to read and then you can take lessons. She could finally read and I haven't been able to find a teacher. A month ago she brought home a flyer from a neighbor girl that was teaching after school. Rylee began to beg. I was so busy that I kept putting her off. I should have been prepared for the sneak attach. I wasn't. The teacher's little sister is a friend of Rylee's. She told her sister to call me. She did and again I put her off since our schedules didn't mesh together. I woke up to the realization that she was begging and the teacher is down the street. I had better act now or forget about it. The teacher was really accomodating with her time. Rylee started lessons two weeks ago.

We don't have a piano or keyboard. How can you take lessons without the one? I thought it would be easy to find an inexpensive keyboard for her to start with. However, there was nothing in town that fit that description. Thank goodness for the internet. We had one within a week.

Rylee is eager to practice and our deal is that once she starts this she can't quit. There was one thing that I forgot to take into account or should I say two things. Reganne & Ryder. They are both fascinated by the keyboard and want to play on there as well. The plan is now after Rylee practices they each get 5 minutes to play whatever they want. They also love to turn it on and dance to the various songs already programmed in.





The looks on their faces the excitement and enjoyment is pricess.


No comments: