Sunday, February 6, 2011

New Project - Homemade Rolls

I can't explain my latest desire to make homemade rolls. We are not talking about Rhodes Rolls that you set out at night and are ready in the morning. But the old fashioned way with yeast, flour and lots of mess. I have had issues with yeast and killing it. Once that was fixed we then moved onto why they won't raise. Solved that issue by reading and watching clips on making bread. My house is to cold so it needed to turn the heat up literally. This was the final product.



I was so excited to serve them at dinner. The only one that ate one besides me was Ryder. He loved them. They were to heavy and tasted like pizza dough. These were a couple of responses. I was devestated until I took them to work the next day everyone loved them and devoured them.

Well this week I am trying a new recipe and hopefully this one will be the one that will please everyone and they will at least eat them.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So why weren't they rising? I have the same problem, so I just use my breadmaker for the dough.

Susan said...

I think our families are the hardest to please -- especially when you have kids! I'm sure they were delicious.