Friday, February 18, 2011

I can do it myself !!!

I am learning to really hate this latest phrase. Ryder repeats it daily, hourly, and if I am really lucky by the minute. This week has been full of it. Going potty, showering, dressing, and going to primary. The one draw back is I am not sure when it is going to appear or if he really means it. He reserves the right to change his mind and then change it back again. He wants to change clothes constantly if they get the slightest bit wet or dirty. I thought making him do it himself would change his mind. However, just the opposite happens and his drawers are emptied out until he finds just the right outfit.

Today in sacrament meeting he announced that he would walk to primary by himself. He didn't need anyone to help him. Dave & I exchanged that look and I then followed behind him. Not to close so as to not offend him. He marched down the hall and right into primary. He looked around and then proceed down the aisle to his row. He was the first person there and climbed up on the chair. He waited for his teachers and friends to arrive.

Afterwards I asked his teachers how he was. Great they replied and even talked today. He told them about seeing baby Jesus at Christmas.

He maybe small but don't be fooled into thinking he is not a big boy.

No comments: