Thursday, February 17, 2011

Little Valley Elementary Choir: Valentine Concert

The choir was invited to participate in a special Valentine Concert with James O'Neil Miner. He is the father of the choir director Mrs. Kohler. He heard the kids at their Christmas Concert and invited them to be a part of his show. They were so excited to have the chance to sing. He asked them to sing the Star Spangled Banner, Hot Chocolate, and Love will Keep Us Together. Their performance was great even the Star Spangled Banner that they only learned the week before. The comments I heard was much better that the Super Bowl. I tried to snap a couple pictures inside the auditorium, but they didn't turn out.





We had an Ah moment when we entered the concert. When Rylee was probably 3 years old at the Dicken's Festival held each December there was a man playing the piano. Rylee became so fascinated by him. We couldn't drag her away she just had to listen. She then turned to me and told me she wanted to play like him. The poster they had of James O'Neil Miner was the same one from that night at the Dicken's Festival. He is a little grayer and older, but still plays beautifully. I am not one for this type of music, but I could listen to him forever it is so peaceful.
However, the next time I won't take Ryder & Reganne they had a hard time being quiet and sitting still.

No comments: