Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Cotton Days Parade

SUSA swim team was going to be participating in the parade this year.  Ryder's group was excited to walk the route together.  We had to first find the group at the line up spot and then I had to find a spot to watch.  In 24 years this is the first time I have been to this parade.  Found the perfect sunny spot to sit, watch, and wait.
People sitting on the islands.
I will have to make my way over there to watch.

Throwing candy?
No, money!!!

Here they come

Can we ride?

Busy hanging with friends.

Old cars

Muscle cars

Even tractors
The parade lasted only and  hour but it took us another 1/2 hour to find each other afterwards.  Thank goodness Ryder is very resourceful and went back to the rec center to use their phone to call me.  We finally got back together at the rec center.  It was time to head home, eat parade candy, and an extra surprise.

Money!!!
There was money on the ground!!! It was awesome.  I then told him about the truck who was throwing money instead of candy.  He was still amazed at what he had picked up and still thought it was pretty cool. If they had only thrown quarters we could have got a real treat.

No comments: