Wednesday, March 29, 2023

Oops !!

It was bound to happen!! Club meet and high school meet same day and time but different pools.  High school was headed to Cedar City hosted by CCHS at the rec center.   The 2022 Winter Stampede Championship at UTU was for all qualified club swimmers. Teams from Idaho. Utah, Colorado, and California all descended to compete over the weekend. I must not paid attention to the sign ups or roster but Ryder hadn't qualified in his new age group.  However, I had signed up to officiate in November. Double Oops!!

Dave & Ryder headed to Cedar City. Ryder was excited to gain more driving hours since Dave had promised he could drive up and back. I was headed downtown.

Nice and loud

The club kids. 


My favorite Saturday breakfast.
The best part of these meets 
is the food of course.
Officials always get fed really well.

I missed hanging out with Ryder for these couple of hours.  Dave followed through with his promise. Ryder was able to drive to Cedar City which gives me another hour.  Driving home wasn't so easy with a crazy snow storm. 

I learned a valuable lesson always double or triple check the schedules during high school season. There is always the meet next weekend.


 

No comments: