Wednesday, April 20, 2022

The Crud

We had the rounds with COVID / Allergies in January.  We should have been in the clear.  

That is until getting a wake up call 2 AM that Reganne isn't feeling well and threw up.  Up and down over the next couple of hours before she finally settled down to sleep.

Two days later the another wake up call once again at 2 AM but this time from Ryder.  He to was throwing up.  Another couple of hours cleaning up before heading back to bed.

Bleary eyed morning arrives time to decide what the next step is.  COVID Tests, stay home from school, or plenty of buckets.

Free government test
Ryder is up and ready to be tested.
NEGATIVE!!
Could it possibly be just a stomach bug? 
One by one each of us drop to this crazy little bug.
Rylee, Dave, Ruston, and then finally me.

I can't keep anything down.
Randy suggested this to help with the dehydration.  Lucky for me I had a free sample from Walmart.
I hate Gatoraid, Poweraid, and everything in between.  This had a good taste but really sweet.  I could only get half down.

Dinner for me
Soft boiled egg on toast
It tasted so good after a few days without food.
It stayed put but my appetite didn't improve much.

New normal
When not feeling well, work from home.
Piper would lay by my feet or look out the window while I worked.

Something would catch their eyes and 
out of nowhere the barking would start and my heart rate would skyrocket.
I am positive this wasn't good for my already jumpy stomach.

Everyone being sick meant no Super Bowl Party with the Wheelers this year.  All we want to do is sleep.  Nope that was just me that wanted to sleep.  Everyone else is feeling much better and ready to party.

No comments: