Wednesday, April 6, 2022

Snap Shots - January 23rd

Here are more random pictures over the past couple of weeks.


Ryder + drag race car = Way too much speed 
for Mom's comfort.
Thank goodness he was just checking it out at the Mesquite Car Show.

DSU Pool
I was able to officiate at the college meet.
One minor oops!! They started an hour earlier since both teams were ready to go.
The college was worried about the rise in COVID cases in town.  The pool manager didn't have my number to let me know.  Me arriving 1/2 hour early was greeted by the coach.  He kept apologizing that they started without me.  Would I be willing to come back for their final meet in a couple of weeks?
I gave everyone my contact info and assured them I wasn't mad at them.  
See you in a couple of weeks.

Fire in the neighborhood.
You always dread those phone calls that start guess what? Followed by there is smoke by your house and fire trucks pulling into your neighborhood.  Thankfully, I was already in the car heading back to work from a ministering lunch.  At first no signs of smoke as I drove towards home.  The turn in was blocked by various police cars, fire trucks, and is that an ambulance?  Going the back way into the neighborhood I was glad our house was safe.  However, my heart sank seeing our neighbors house surrounded by the trucks.  
Side View
Thank goodness for observant neighbors.  They quickly called 911.
Found & connected hoses and started trying to maintain the fire.
The owners were out of town.  Their realtor showed up early for a showing.
The quick actions helped greatly.
Sad part is that there was still a whole lot of damage.

SNOW!!
We had snowflakes this week.
Picture courtesy of Reganne
The few flakes we had really showed up on black top of the car.

Lunch out at Freddies
This boy goes from zero to starving in less than 5 minutes.
After the swim meet he required food immediately.

We have almost survived January just a few more days.  We are definitely ready for spring and warmer weather.  What we could really use is another month of wet weather.  

No comments: