Wednesday, June 9, 2021

Where is My Wallet?

This is a phone call I don't want to get at work.  When something has been misplaced I seem to be the person to call.  This Friday morning I was not prepared for Reganne calling me in tears that her wallet was missing from her car and all the items from her jockey box were on her front seat.  Trying to calm her down so I could really understand the problem took a few additional minutes.  My questions to her did she check under & around her seat?  Did you check your backpack?  Did you check your room?

NO!!!! I left it in my jockey box last night.  Did you lock your doors? YES!!! wait a minute I did when I got home from work.  I left some cheese sticks in the car so I went back out and got them.  I don't think I locked it that time.  I HAVE BEEN ROBBED!!!  Ok, that we can deal with later everything can be replaced.  Go to class. 

5 minutes later I get another call.  I locked my keys in the car with my backpack still inside.  Can you bring me the extra set.  Rylee was asleep and Dave was in a meeting.  I was off and running.  Unlocked her car, gave her a hug, and turned around heading back towards work.

Parking the car at work another text message pops up from DSU Police that her wallet has been turned into them.  She can come pick it up.

After school we headed towards campus to pick it up and get more details.  The college president found it about 2 miles away from our house by Mr D's gas station.  Her tip money was missing, but drivers license, and 2 dollar bill were still inside.


Found

Dave posted on Facebook warning everyone to lock their doors tonight.  We found that about 5 cars had been gone through nothing much taken of any value.  Except Dave's charging block that has saved us more times than I can count.

The only funny thing about this whole thing is I never lock my doors.  I did that night.  The only thing they could have taken was an iPhone charger with a taped end that could have shorted out at any minute.

Reganne told us all that we need to lock all our doors every day.  She has become the door police and double checks every door when she gets home from work.

No comments: