Wednesday, June 2, 2021

Perfect Mother's Day

How would the perfect Mother's Day look to you?  When I thought about it for a couple of days I had my plan.  No cooking for anyone, no cleaning up after anyone, taking a nap or two.  Ryder asked what I wanted for breakfast if he cooked then I would have to clean up.  How about Raspberry doughnuts, old fashioned doughnuts, and milk.  

Dave didn't believe him on the doughnuts.
He had to buy the store ones since I couldn't like anything else.
Love the new houseplants.

Nap time
Downstairs with Piper & Dave.
We watched a couple of movies.

Blake & Julie invited us for dinner.  They always make yummy food that can't be duplicated.  Once again we relaxed and watched another movie.

I love being a mother.  However, these teenager years are really kicking my butt.  They are never happy, or like the food I make, how I wash their clothes, and last but not least don't ask any questions.  This phase is much more tiring than when they were little who knew.  I do love the occasional hugs, random text messages, and making or bringing me treats.  They each surprised me on my birthday & today with thoughtful gifts.  I am lucky they are mine for eternity.

 

No comments: