Sunday, September 29, 2019

2019 Fall Fling Swim Meet

Short Course Season started in August with new teams and coaches.  2 1/2 weeks later it was time to show their stuff.  This meet is a SUSA team event and Ryder has 9 events.

The pool is quiet
The kids are checking in with coaches.
Warm ups are minutes away.
Officiating for Friday night was going to be in my usual spot at the starting blocks.  Thank goodness I wore shorts because I was drenched before the last event of the night.  The events moved smoothly and we were done by 7:00.

Check in was set for 7:00 am but due to scheduling conflicts it was moved back to 8.  This was better for me and extra hour of sleep.  Except Ryder demanded that we leave by 7:30 so he would have time to warm up.  I believe its so he can be first in the pool.

Slow motion start

Look how far they can go!
Today's events were going to be a hard workout.  The 500 meter freestyle was going to be tough.  They each needed a counter and with everyone swimming the events parents needed to step up.  I found my spot and began counting.  My biggest task was not falling in and keeping the correct count.  I was a success and Ryder wasn't mad at me for embarrassing him.

I was assigned to be Chief Official which means walking a round the pool gather DQ's and bringing them back to the Referee.  It was more exhausting to circle the pool than standing watching each event.  I wasn't soaked today.

His official statistics:
Mixed 50 Freestyle 12 and under, 8th overall, 34:77
Mixed 100 Freestyle 12 and under,  4th overall, 1:25.08
Mixed 50 Breast 12 and under, 3rd overall, 45:46
Mixed 100 Fly 12 and under, 6th overall, 1:37.41
Mixed 100 Freestyle 12 and under, 4th overall, 1:18.42
Open 500 Freestyle, 35th overall,  7:33.01
Mixed 100 Breast 12 and under, 6th overall, 1:48.74
Mixed 50 Fly 12 and under, 2nd overall, 43:57
Mixed 100 IM 12 and under, 2nd overall, 1:26.91

He did great and all the stress of group, coach, and time changes didn't slow him down.  The next meet is 3 weeks away.

No comments: