Thursday, March 8, 2018

Happy Valentine's Day

How time flies it wasn't so long ago that we were doing Valentines & treats for each kid.  Now we are down to only one that needed Valentines, treats, and a bag or box for his class party.  Not so long ago we were their main valentines and eager to spend the evening with us.   Not so much this year and I was a little sad.  Dave had to work but we were lucky enough to sneak off for lunch without kids.

Ryder had swim team, Rylee wanted to hang out with friends, and Reganne was helping a friend make cookies for her Valentine.  I had a surprise up my sleeve which I hoped they would enjoy pizza for dinner.


I was in for a bigger surprise!!! Reganne wasn't helping a friend.  Instead she made me chocolate chocolate chip cookies.  A few were special heart shaped with butterscotch chips made especially for me.  They looked so yummy I could hardly wait to enjoy.  The  adult in me took over and dinner must be first

Yum!!!!
We ate and enjoyed the night together.  The cookies were really crispy.  When I asked Reganne how long she cooked them?  30 minutes...Why?? isn't that how long you cook yours for?  I asked her what recipe did she use?  Recipe?? I did it from memory.  They may have been hard as briquettes but the love oozed out of them.

The day turned out really great full of love and service.

No comments: