Sunday, March 4, 2018

Fourth Grade Field Trip...Art Museum

 CVES 4th Graders first field trip of the year was schedule for the first week of the month.  Ryder asked me to come to at least one.  My choices were the art museum or the dinosaur museum??  It was a really hard choice but the art museum won.

I met the school bus along with the other mothers who volunteered to help out.  Ryder's group was 4 of his friends and him.  We met out volunteer and set off to see the first show of all recycled plastic sculptures.  The boys were immediately drawn in and soon asking questions.

Can you see what is she
used to make it?
The second show was sculptures made out of metal.  Once again the boys followed along asking amazing questions.  They seemed to be really enjoying themselves. 

It was now time for the Utah Live portion.  Actors portraying Southern Utah Pioneers there was Jacob Hamblin, Orson Pratt, and a judge (can't remember his name).  The kids were really attentive and respectful.

Ryder got to be on
the jury.
No hangings or jail sentence today.
Everyone had a great time and they were soon headed back to school.  I was so amazed at this class of 4th graders.  They were really well behaved, listened, and participated.  I for one was worn out and ready for a nap.  I did get a quick hug and thank you from Ryder which made my day.

No comments: