Friday, April 12, 2013

Easter Traditions.....

There was still time to fit in a few Easter Traditions with new twists.  I tried new ways of cooking the eggs.  One dozen baked in the oven and one dozen steam in my new Saladmaster Pans.  Both turned out much better than the traditional way, but the house still smelled awful.  Time to color them.  I refused to pay over $4 for the traditional Paas color kits that smell awful and are very messy.  Instead I found on facebook making them with Koolaid.  They smelled much better and colored them really well.  The kids loved trying different combinations to come up with cool colors.  Oops too many colors makes brown.

Let me try that one.
Such concentration.
S mores????

I also read a Diann Thomas camping cookbook and found a neat way to make this treat.  Stuff chocolate chips between two marshmallows and roast.  Very yummy and a must for our next camping trip.

Three new recipes and three new favorites that are becoming traditions.

No comments: