Tuesday, December 11, 2012

YEAH!!! Turkey Day

YEAH!!!! it was finally Thanksgiving Day and all the food you can eat and more.  It is my favorite day to try new recipes and new ideas.  After boiling over the brine the night before and having to scrub the kitchen down to remove all the sugary, salty mess.  We were ready to start.

The turkey was in the oven, the rolls were rising nicely it was time to work on dessert.  I found a new recipe for Apple Cherry Slab Pie in my coupons.  I hope everyone will be game to try it.

So far so good
The final product.  Looks tasty to me.
Everyone tried it and the consensus was good enough for next year.

No pictures please... Sorry Dave its a picture day.
After dinner football a must.
Followed by checking out the Black Friday Ads.

Instead we decided to try Brown Thursday and brave the evening crowds at Walmart.  We were off there was not a parking spot to be found.  We ended up parking on the main road and walking back to the store.  WOW!!! I think everyone in town was there for the sale.  There was merchandise flying in all directions be sure to duck or you could get hit in the head.  After so much chaos I decided to watch and stay out of these crazy peoples' way.   The kids were disappointed that I did buy anything and they are sure that there won't be anything for Christmas.

Time for bed with full tummies.

No comments: