Sunday, September 9, 2012

It's Official!!!



I am a Soccer Mom and have the minivan to prove it.



Soccer Season starting this week we decided that something needed to be done to get everyone to and from their various activities and games.  We started really looking on Monday, Labor Day.  All the good sales were being advertised so we should be able to find something.  Who knew there was that much variety in minivans.  I think we looked at every size, shape, and color in the space of 2 hours.  We found that the Honda Odyssey Touring Model was our best bet.  I wanted something that seats 7, check,  storage space, check, and good gas mileage, ok.  I guess two out of three ain't bad.

We found two in town, but the dealers refused to negotiate on their price and actually came back with higher prices.  Dave found one on ksl.com and after some negotiation the price was right.  Again we called the local dealers to see if they would match it so we could stay local.  Again they refused.  Dave & Rylee flew to Salt Lake and met the owner, closed the deal, and drove home all before 10:00. They arrived home at 5:00 very tired and ready to be done.

We are the proud owners of 2007 Honda Odyssey.  Today at church we counted 4 other white vans.  Time to jazz it up so we can tell the difference.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Welcome to the family. We've had an Odyssey for several years. I like it but I always jump at the change when I get to drive Jeff's little car. I guess I little smaller cars better.