Thursday, June 28, 2012

Grandma Johnson's Stinky Feet

Heredity is a strange and sometimes a twisted thing.  All my life I have been told I look like my mother and I do.  As I have grown up there has been various body parts that belonged to someone else first.  My size came from the Obrey-Olsen side who was from Denmark.  My eyes came from my Grandma Johnson, even Lasik surgery couldn't keep the Nearsightedness away.  My teeth came again from that side of the family.  be careful if you look to are at them they may just fall apart.  These are all OK nothing offensive or bothersome to others.  I have learned to live with it all.

BUT....Grandma Johnson's Stinky Feet!!!! I have them and I have passed them down to Ryder.  These feet can make your eye's tear up and your nose water.  The only way to get rid of the smell is to shower and throw the shoes away.

I have noticed over the past four years that at various times Ryder's feet smell.  Nothing we can't live with.  However on our way home from our ZOOCATION at the TSA Checkpoint Ryder thought he needed to remove his shoes.  I was putting my things on the x-ray belt and my eyes started to water.  It smelled... the lady in front of me started to look around.  I started looking around.  My shoes were still on.  Ryder came and stood by me the smell got stronger.  Then I noticed his shoes were off.  I quickly told him to put them back on.  I then asked him if it was him the stunk.  Yeah, Mom it's my shoes.  

 Who knew size four crocks could clean out your sinuses.
The Feet!!!

I could hope that he will outgrow this family trait. But everyone knows you never get rid of this family curse you only pass it on down to the next generation.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Robyn has those feet as well. I can ALWAYS tell when she takes off her shoes in the car! Every time.