Tuesday, August 24, 2010

I want to be a haircutter.

These words should have been a warning to me. Instead I told Reganne that sounded great. We thought we were safe with the haircutting thing. We have talked and talked about not cutting your hair. Only Shauna can cut your hair.

Reganne has had a teacher at daycare fix her hair for kindergarten. It looks so cute but is full of small elastics and various little pony tails. On Friday, Dave got home before me and told the girls he would take them to the splash pad before dinner. They rushed to get their suits on. Reganne loves her hair down in the water. She is a big girl and can do it by herself.

She came to a small ponytail that she knew would hurt coming out. So she went and got Dad's small mustache scissors and cut the pony tail out instead of the elastic.

The ponytail, found in the garbage can.

I got home shortly afterwards and she ran to give me a hug. She promptly showed me that she took her hair out all by herself. That is when I really looked and noticed that on top of her head the hair was standing straight up and was only about 1/2 inch long. I let out a scream. WHAT DID YOU DO!!! She promptly told me and started to cry. Dad started to yell and rounded up all the scissors and took them away.

Dad was mad, Reganne was sad, and I finally told them both that it was only hair and would grow back. Her punishment is she can't grow out her bangs until it grows out enought to blend in. No more wearing it down. It is family haircut night on Monday and hopefully something more can be done.

If not it will grow and it is only hair.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Oh no! I hope everything turns out okay.