Sunday, August 22, 2010

Finally .... First Day of Kindergarten

This day finally arrived. Reganne has been waiting so patiently for Kindergarten to start. Wednesday morning arrived and she was ready. She woke up early, got dressed, ate breakfast, and got her backpack. She was all set. However, she is in afternoon kindergarten.

I am ready ... Let's get going !!!

I picked her up early from daycare with plans of spending a little time with her before school. Then taking our time on the first day. She promptly told me that if I had time to run home before school. I should not have picked her up so early and I could take her back.


We arrived at school in plenty of time and of course all the little boys were there already playing. The little girls were all having pictures taken at the front door, with the teacher, and at their desks. Reganne clung to me and asked me to wait. I know a lot of the mothers and started to talk. I turned around and Reganne was playing with another little girl. She then told me I could leave and this was her new best friend.


She was so tired that night, but had a smile on her face. She can't tell you what she learned that day, but she wants to go back. This is a good sign.


The next day when I picked her up. I asked her if she wanted me to go inside with her. No, Mom I can walk in by myself. Mom, are you sad that I don't want you to walk me in? I told her no I was proud of her for being a big girl. Are you sure your not sad? No, Reganne just give me a kiss and a smile.


We pulled up in front of the school. She grabbed her pack pack, gave me a kiss, a hug, and jumped out of the car. With a quick wave and smile she was off to her 2nd day of school.

I pulled away with a lump in my throat and a smile.

No comments: