Sunday, January 24, 2010

It's a January

Well just as the weather people predicted the weather was nasty this week. It rained, hailed, blew, and finally snow. The kids are so wound up from being inside and my house shows it.

We had a quick visit from Uncle Randy, Aunt Janelle, Brinton, and Holland on Sunday. The kids were so excited to get play with each other. They played until we thought they would drop. Reganne & Brinton finally dropped sometime after 11:00 pm. They were up early the next morning playing again. I am so glad that love their cousins and play so well together.

A weekly game at our house is shred the paper and see how much mess you can make. As I am clipping my coupons Ryder is playing in the scraps and cutting them up. This week Holland joined in. They had a blast with the paper. What a cheap toy.
Then came playing choo, choo train. Ryder had to be right there with them. Holland had dropped off and went to bed.

Another rainy night and the kids decided to watch a movie before bed. It was really quiet and Dave went into investigate. This is what he found much to his surprise.


Let it snow!!!! Saturday morning and there was a tiny skiff of snow on the grass. I told Ryder and he quickly wanted to go play in it. However, I reminded him that he wasn't dressed and it was cold outside. This is the outfit he brought to me to get him dressed. I reminded him that he needed shoes. He promptly went and found his and came back ready and with his smile. "I ready mom".


He loved running around. I was cold and tried getting him back inside. "I fine" he kept telling me.
The snow was gone before 8:00 and the girls wouldn't believe him about playing in the snow.
Well we are in for another week of ugly weather. This means more movies, wii, wrestling. Not necessarily in that order.





1 comment:

Susan said...

We had no snow here but we also got to see lots rain, huge winds and a hail storm that made it look like it snowed a little bit. I was really happy when the sun peeked out on Saturday. It's started to rain last night so we are in for another week of being inside.

Cousins can be fun. My poor kids get to see their cousins once every couple years. I guess, that's the price you pay for living so far away from family.