Sunday, November 14, 2021

Teenage Boys!!

I have always heard how easy it is to dress boys.  Just give them jeans & t-shirts and your good for the whole year.  However, nobody told me that this changes when they become teenagers.  I can no longer buy something I think Ryder might like, bring it home, and hear thanks Mom.  Instead we now have to go to multiple stores, scour the racks, try things on, and the argue for about 1/2 hour about the fit, style, and price.

The weather is cooling off and it's time to brave the stores to find warmer clothes. I have stalled, dug my feet, and even ignored him for multiple days to avoid this painful task.  You may ask why I don't send Dave instead.  They love to shop together.  However, they aren't too practical or mindful of the prices.  They come home with 4 shirts, 2 pair of shoes, and a couple of jackets.  Where is the rest of the outfit?  This stuff is cool!!! Come Monday morning dressing for school all I hear is this doesn't fit, match, or need something else.

We set off...... the mall, Walmart, Target, Old Navy, and Ross.  Target scored 2 pair of pants and Ross to long sleeved t-shirts.

One of the many trips
to the dressing rooms to try stuff on.
This is not a manly thing to do.  It is a required thing to do with a 
growing teenage boy.

Interesting side note only Target had pants his size & style in stock and they only had 2 pair.  Going through his closet later I discovered we had bought the same size of pants that already hung there.  Mom, they are not cool enough for 8th grade.

Conference weekend time to relax and enjoy watching our prophet & leaders.  Ryder begged for a big breakfast and decided he was going to make it for the whole family.

He took control of the kitchen.
It was yummy!!!
He then informed me that since he cooked
I was on clean up duty.

He is a crazy teenage boy that is driving me crazy most days.  He is also crazy teenage boy that loves to cook and feed everyone around him.   I know need to teach him to slow down and clean as he goes.  He will then make a good roommate, husband, and father when he gets older.

No comments: