Sunday, July 4, 2021

Saturday Adventures

The boys are ready for an adventure bright and early on Saturday.  We were headed off to the garbage dump to get help out a coworker of Dave's.  It has been a few years since I had been out there.  I was ready for the experience.  As we drove the memories started coming back to me of other garbage dump adventures when I was a whole lot younger with my Grandpa Johnson or with my Dad.

Grandpa Johnson would collect things that he no longer had use for from the various barns and work shops.  We would head out with a full load bumping along the dirt roads.  The fun was about to begin.  He put on his work gloves and went to work unloading his stuff.  Once that was done we began to explore what treasures had been left behind.  It didn't take long to fill up the truck again and head towards home.

Dad, Larry, Darryl, and I a fews years later would head out to the dump.  Not as much treasure to find.  However, we did bring home a snake.  The boys were excited for the new little pet.  I was excited too not really sure what a snake was.  But it must be cool if the boys wanted it.  We got home and told Mom about our cool adventure.  She promptly said NO WAY!!! We had to find it first.  That is when I discovered exactly what we were looking for.  I was done and headed inside.  I had a hard time walking by those front bushes for the next year or two.

Now to the present adventure.... You can only go where they tell you too.  You must where a yellow vest when outside your vehicle.  Absolutely NO looking for treasures!!!

Ryder & Dave unloading
While I sit in the cab.  I didn't have a vest.

Ryder disappeared for a minute.
He threw some cardboard out.
It created a sail and he did a flipped off the trailer into the dirt.
There was a Ginger look alike dog barking at everyone.
Next thing I notice she is gone.  They brought her back loaded her into the cab
and tried rolling up the windows so she couldn't escape again.


Lunch @ In & Out Burger
Count how many different states are in the parking lot.
12!!

It was a fun adventure and by afternoon we were home relaxing in the AC.

No comments: