Wednesday, July 7, 2021

Utah Summer Games 2021

This is one of my favorite meets of the whole year.  However, I didn't want to drive up all 3 days so I asked Ryder to the events he wanted to do.  Then it was time to zero in on a day.  We picked Friday with pool warm up time of 1:00.  We are lucky to have 2 of Ryder swim team members Josh & Taylor join us on the adventure.  Help check the boys in and get them where they needed to be.  I was off to get lunch for everyone.  Cedar City was packed with people and cars.

Back to SUU pool
We have surely missed this space.

Warm up in progress.

Lunch time!!
As we were eating I discovered that the officials area looked really empty.  I walked over to see if they needed help.  I had secretly brought my clothes.  They were down a few and could desperately could use one more to be in compliance.  I was glad to help out.

No time for more pictures until afterwards.  The boys all swam their hearts out.  Each one swam multiple events cheering each other on.  There were kids ranging from 4 years old to 18 years old in the age groups portion.

Not sure who this is but 
he air dropped this photo to me.  We looked around trying to locate him.
No such luck!!!
We thought he looked like Kanye but who knows.

Photo Op!!
The boys had to have a picture on the blocks.

Olympic Poses
I was switching phones during this picture.
When the Air Drop happened.  I thought they were sharing the pictures I took.

Gold & Silver Medals
4th place in the other event.
He got the gold against a couple of older boys.
I asked what his strategy was to win.  The last 50 I needed to either throw up or poop.
I knew I need to hurry to avoid doing either one.

Saying hi or razzing?
New team member from Cedar City.
There are members driving from Cedar City every day for practice due to the changes with their club.  They have blended in and worked hard.

I tried to get his times but assumed that they would be posted later.  Well I am still waiting for them and after a month I think it might be hopeless.  I threw away my heat sheet thinking I could get the official times.  The is the last time I make a rash decision.

Next week is the Montana swim trip that will be a whole new adventure for all of us.

 

No comments: