Sunday, December 13, 2020

Guess What?

It was bound to happen but I didn't expect the first victim.  Lucky me I slowly lost my smell Sunday afternoon while cooking dinner.  We are all starving.  I made my favorite dinner roast beef, mashed potatoes with gravy, and corn.  It looked great we are all starving.  The first bite was great however, the second one wasn't so good.  In fact very bitter.  I didn't think anything of it until Ryder said how good the house smelled with the pumpkin spice melt.  I then realized I couldn't smell a thing.  Next came the Thieves Hand Sanitizer that Uncle Ryan gave us and nothing.  Let's give it over night and see what happens.

It didn't change....

Tell A Health visit was in order.
This is were I ended up.
Spitting into the tube and gagging to get it full.
Now the waiting & quarantining begins for me.
Mask up!!!

3 days later it was confirmed I have COVID-19.
I feel fine except for no smell or taste.
What other symptoms are waiting for me?

Well the fun was only beginning.  Dave & Rylee had to get tested for their jobs.  Reganne & Ryder are home for 14 days unless they have symptoms then it could be longer.  All this family togetherness may drive us all crazy.

Hanging with Dexter.
Lucky for me I am still able to work from home.  I can't go back to work until 10 days from my first symptom.  The dogs both wander in and hang out by my feet.  If I move so do they.

Online school
Not their favorite thing.  Mrs Wood dropped off his trombone to practice.  They will
have a band concert 2 days after coming back to school.
He gives me a daily concert and torments everyone else.

Grocery delivery
Thanks to good friends the Wheelers they brought some eggs & water to help
us out while we couldn't get out to the store.

Cleaned the downstairs patio
It is a great place to hang out and watch the fireplace.
Let's hope it stays warm enough to enjoy.

Making a home gym.
Ryder was really bored and cleaned out the garage.
Then gathered all the exercise equipment together.
He now can work out every morning.

I even found time to bake.

It was a crazy week.  Dave & Rylee both tested negative.  I am still banished to the basement unless I am wearing my mask.  Let's hope my smell & taste comes back before Thanksgiving.  I loved the message the prophet gave about giving gratitude for the next 7 days.  I really need to focus on what is good and being grateful that I haven't been sicker.  

Here is to another week of staying home and away from everyone.
 

No comments: