Sunday, May 12, 2019

Happy Easter...Weekend

It is another long weekend with the kids being out of school.  There are always so many activities that it is hard to choose which ones to try.  Dave, Rylee, and Ryder were headed to the car show in Hurricane.  Reganne & I were going to sleep in.

Then plans changed as they always do at our house.  Rylee woke up not feeling good enough to go.  Dave & Ryder headed off in the bug.  It seemed like I just drifted off and my phone rang again.  The boys needed to be rescued.  The bug was had a few issues and wasn't going to make it to the show.  So much for sleeping in.

Ryder begged to head over to the SkyWest Easter Egg Hunt instead.  Off we went....

A little shake up.
They scrambled the areas so a little more challenging.

Getting ready
by plotting out his course.

They are off

Look at them scatter and gather
as many eggs as possible.
The hunt was over in 15 minutes that is five minutes longer than last year.  Good job to all those who worked to put it together.  It was time to head to the car show and check out who or what showed up this year. 

Checking out the cool cars.

I like this one.
It was a fun walk through with many different cars.  It was getting a little warm and we needed lunch with plenty of water.  We had a fun day.  I discovered a minor problem for all everyone's baskets.  Plenty of jellybeans for Dave & I but very little chocolate.  I needed to make an emergency trip to Walmart.


No baskets this year.
Instead a candy jar full of yummy treats.

Deviled Eggs
My first time and they were yummy.
Even if I do say so myself.
I loved teaching our primary class the Easter lesson.  The kids were so eager to share their favorite parts of the story.  Even putting in more details than I expected.  We ran out of time and everyone was ready to head home for more candy, treats, and family togetherness.

We had a yummy lunch with smoked ham, hash brown casserole, and a lot of veggies.   I am so grateful for this time of year to pause and remember the real reason for the holiday.  I am very thankful for my older brother and savior for all his did for everyone.

No comments: