Thursday, January 18, 2018

Dickens Festival

It was a busy weekend full of soccer that we almost forgot about the Dicken's Festival.  Trying to find time was going to be difficult but when I suggested not going I was met with 3 hostile looks.  My mission became to make time.  Surprise this meant getting up early and being there right at 10.  The second surprise of the morning a long line at the entrance.  I paid admission and sent the kids on a mad dash to get a number for Father Christmas.  I ran to catch up and found them patiently waiting for me at the entrance to Father Christmas.  Rylee handed me the ticket for out spot we were number 8.  How??  There was a lady getting ready to toss her number she didn't want to wait in that line and asked Rylee if she would like it.  Yes, gladly and we waited.  The real Father Christmas was back this year and looking great and full of conversation.  He talked to each one and remembered them.  Or at least he acted like he did.

Official Christmas Picture
It was time to run to the soccer fields for Reganne's 2 games.  We will have time afterwards to shop, get  our pictures, and enjoy the start of the Christmas season.

My shopping partner
The games are over and Ryder was the only one willing to go back with me.  We found the pictures and a few yummy samples to try.  Ryder also was able to sneak some Christmas shopping in as well.  
I love the smells and sounds at this festival.  If you can brave the crowds without going crazy this is the place to be to start Christmas off right.

No comments: