Monday, July 26, 2010

Potty Training Plan B

Two weeks ago I took Ryder shopping for big boy underwear. He picked out a package and wouldn't let them out of his site. That was until we got home and he quickly forgot about them.

Then this week we were shopping at Walmart and he saw a large box of diapers. He told me that he needed a new box. I told him he didn't wear diapers, but pullups instead. He just a quickly replied those are diapers. A light went off in my head! He thinks they are diapers and until they are gone he won't go on the potty.

I started on Plan B along with his teachers at school. Put him in the underwear and he will feel what is going on. I was off on Friday and we began. If he went through all 9 pair before 10:00 am we would forget it and try again later.

He picked out which pair he wanted to wear and at 7:00 am we started. 9:30 am he had his first accident. The look on his face was priceless. 10:00 was the next one. He really didn't like being wet and wanted them off. At the end of the day we still had two pair left. I was exhausted.

Day 2:
He woke up wet and wanted it off. The day began we had a lot of errands to run. I knew I was tempting fate, but I packed extra clothes and we were off. Every stop I asked him if he needed to go and he just a quickly replied No, I fine. We had to make a quick trip back home and he told me he needed to potty. We were off again.

He stayed dry all day. After his shower he didn't want the pullup back on. I told him that they were his night time underwear.


Potty training is hard work. He fell asleep watching Cars.

Day 3:
He woke up dry and went potty. He told me he wanted his underwears on. He came complaining of a belly ache. He hadn't pooped since Friday. No amount of talking would he sit on the potty. He asked for a pullup. I gave in and within a half hour he had pooped. He then put his underwear back on. The day is still young and who knows what is in store. Church should be fun.




1 comment:

Susan said...

Pullups only worked for us once the girls were already potty trained. Anytime before that they just thought of them like a diaper.