Thursday, July 1, 2010

How To Eat An Ice Cream Cone

I never thought about teaching someone how to eat an ice cream cone until this week. I bought a box a Drumstick Ice Cream Cones for an after dinner treat. The kids loved them. Ryder started yelling that he needed a napkin. I turned and looked at him. He had chocolate everywhere and he was done. As I took it from him I noticed the bottom of the cone was missing. When I asked him "It's Messy Mom, I Done".
Next came Reganne demanding another napkin. She was mad that her ice cream was dripping down her fingers. I looked again and the bottom of her cone was almost gone. She was eating from both ends.
I gave her a napkin and asked her to show me her cone. This is all that was left.

I then turned to Rylee and asked her how she was eating hers. "Mom, I am not a baby. I know how to eat an ice cream cone."

There was a quick lesson to Reganne & Ryder don't eat the bottom first or your ice cream will fall out. Time will only tell if they learned this lesson.

This lesson I failed. Who knew you had to teach them how to eat an ice cream cone.

No comments: