Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter Part 1

Our Easter is usually split into 2 day celebration. There are so many Spring / Easter activities here in St George that it not hard to fill up our time with fun things to do. Saturday starts off with our annual neighborhood Easter Egg Hunt and Breakfast. We meet down the street and the egg hunt is divided into three age groups. This is the first year that Rylee & Reganne were at the same house. They had so much fun trying to find their eggs, but it ended much to soon from them. It also was still a little chilly so we had to wear jackets.


Next came the St George Arts Festival. This year it was greatly expanded with double the art displays. Rylee loved see all of the pictures and want me to take pictures so she could get ideas. She has informed me that she is going to be an artist when she grows up. The Splash Pad is a new feature to downtown and what a wonderful addition. I told the girls not to get wet, but to have fun. I knew that it would only be a matter of time and they would be soaked.
It took about 5 minutes...

And they were soaked. Ryder felt left out so Dave took him down to the edge and splashed some water on him. He loved it !!! His arms and legs where doing 90 at least. The tempature was about 72 degrees and a slight breeze. When they were finished they were cold. Walking back to the car Reganne kept saying "Hey I am Freaking Cold" I had to have her repeat herself a couple of times to make sure I heard her right. Then it was all I could do not to laugh out loud.

It was a wonderful day. This is one of the reasons we love Southern Utah.
To Be Continued . . . . . . . .








2 comments:

Susan said...

Looks like you all had a good time. The weather up here has been nice as well. I love 70 degree weather. I wish it would stay that way all year round!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.