Wednesday, September 18, 2024

Trying Something New. . . Sourdough

The 90 Day Challenge has really challenged me with eating no sugar or artificial sugars for 6 days a week. One of the recipes shared in our signal group was Soft Discard Sourdough Rolls using honey or maple syrup as a replacement for sugar. They looked so yummy I couldn't resist giving a try. The whole sourdough starter blew my mind so instead of starting from scratch. Ashlynn shared one with me.

Let's start this adventure!

Healthy starter

All mixed and ready for the first rise.
My house is a little too cold to start the process.
We don't lack for heat in St. George.
Outside on the balcony is the perfect spot.

Looks good?

Don't have a round pan
a jelly roll pan as a replacement?

Flat Rolls
Maybe the pan had too much space?

3rd attempt
Nice and fluffy!!

Peanut Butter Granola Bars
Just as yummy as the first time.

Things I am taking notes for next time. Watch how much flour I use, time the first rise to avoid over doing it, and finally not to use to big of a pan. One question remains that needs some research is to avoid them from turning crumbly after the first day. Any ideas?

No comments: