Sunday, June 5, 2022

Another Swim Meet

Another large meet is coming to town Western & Pacific Senior Zones.  This meet is a 5 day meet with prelims in the morning and finals at night.  This year they are only offering fundraising everything but officials.  These slots were quickly filling up.  Ryder & I snagged spots on Wednesday & Thursday nights.  This left me open to officiate on Friday & Saturday where the numbers were lower.

Security Marshall
Job description:  Swimmers & Spectators apart in the stands.
Stand at the top and direct people on where to go.
Not so bad.  Except the volunteers feeding everyone forgot all about me.  This would be Ryder.  His reply was Sorry Mom.  Let's get food!!!

I like this view!!
Easy to see the swimmers.
Tonight I was stationed downstairs by the locker rooms.
Walk through the women's locker rooms and make sure everything was good.
No fighting, teasing, or bullying to be found.

Friday & Saturday I was back on deck.  There were new people to meet and old friends to hand out with.  I am amazed at how far some of them travel to volunteer.  I am pretty sure this won't be me when Ryder is finished.

No comments: