Wednesday, August 25, 2021

Beehive State Swim Meet

This is our first time at this meet.  It is usually held the weekend before the state championships and our team didn't want to travel twice in the same week.  This year the changed it to follow up afterwards.  The kids all needed qualifying "B" times to attend.  Ryder having missed "A" times in a couple of events by tenths of a second.  His "B" times qualified him for 6 events.  

He is ready to swim and I am ready to officiate.

It's cool this morning
but the kids were ready to jump in.

Great morning 
with great times.

Saturday morning...lunch didn't settle too well with me.  I was feeling like crap but the meet must go on.  We kidnapped Grandma for a second day.

Waiting for everyone to get into place.
Today's rotation was a little more involved since
we had more officials.

This diving platform looks like fun.

Doing a perfect flip turn.

WOW!!
Ryder medaled in every event.

Our SUSA Team

Coach Kate handing out
all the medals for the meet.

Great support from parents & coaches

He worked hard
and stayed out of his head.
Swam his heart out and was successful.

I believe they all cleaned up 
in the medals.
One girl was missing due to trying to change.

Ryder declared it was time for food!!!  We can't be in Salt Lake without visiting the Greatest Pancake House.  There is a new location only 5 minutes away.  It was just as good as we remembered.  I still wasn't feeling the best so we decided to head home and not wait until tomorrow.   All I wanted to do was snuggle in a blanket and watch the Olympics.


This popped up on Instagram
It made us all laugh.

I have never been thankful for feeling awful until the news reported a horrible crash on I-15 due to a sand storm creating horrible conditions.  If we had stayed we could have possibly in the middle of this.  One of those tender mercies I am grateful for.  I was feeling better by Sunday afternoon.

No comments: