Tuesday, October 18, 2016

New Toys & New Skills

We finally got around to getting new batteries for the motor scooter that Dave bought last year.  Once he started working on it Ryder eyes lite up and he was eager to give it a try.  I wasn't as excited to see him ride it all I could picture was more broken teeth and maybe a broken arm or leg.

Dave loves to teach the kids new things and the best is when they are excited to learn.  Ryder is adventurous and maybe more so that we would like at times.

Dave showing how it works.
The important stuff of where are the breaks and throttle.

They are off.
His reactions are a lot like me.
Put your feet down to stop.  It never crossed his mind to use the actual break.

Mom!!!! Look what I can do!!!!
He worked on learning how to ride his skateboard
all afternoon.
BAM!!!
He did it and was all smiles when I came home.  He was anxious to show me that he could do it all by himself.  I was looking around for that bubble wrap instead I had to settle with his helmet.  He did it!!! He continues to ride it in the driveway maybe we will let him venture further out next week.

No comments: