Thursday, October 6, 2016

Dang!!! Brother...


I always cringe when I answer the phone after school and I hear screaming coming from the other end of the line.  What happened, what is broken, and is there any blood??  Today two of three were answered between cries of pain and shock.  Finally Reganne grabbed the phone and told me to get home Ryder was bleeding and he was carrying a chunk of his tooth in his hand.

Thank goodness I am only 10 minutes away.  As I ran through the door he was laying on the front room floor with Reganne administering first aid with band aids, ice packs, and a wet wash cloth.  I quickly loaded him up and we were off to the dentist to find out how bad the damage was.

We are so lucky to have a great pediatric dentist who was willing to fit us in if we could wait. The office was full and they finally brought us back at 4:55 pm.  The staff was amazing talking to him through the x-rays and exam.  4 teeth were chipped and / or fractured and all were his permanent teeth.  This boy only has 8 permanent teeth and now half of those are damaged.  The dentist quickly patched what he could and sent him home with a prize for being so good.

Now comes the waiting game....Come back in a month to make sure there is no root damage or more fractures.

I am happy he was wearing his helmet when he crashed on his bike.  Maybe we should trade it in for a football helmet & mouth guard for the rest of the year.

Instead maybe I should invest in bubble wrap to protect him???  

1 comment:

LGH said...

Love the bubble wrap idea. That sounds perfect for that cute Ryder!