Sunday, August 14, 2016

Saying Goodbye

To a generation happened this past weekend.  Wilma Clarice Olsen Christensen Stitt Wilde passed away on July 29, 2016 from a stroke she suffered from earlier in the week.  I was proud to call this wonderful lady my Aunt.  She is actually my mom's aunt and my great aunt but she never went by any other title except for Aunt Wilma.  

She was the last surviving member of her family of 5 brothers and 2 sisters.  At 92 years of age she was still going strong.  Recently attending our family reunion over the 4th of July.  She kept up with everyone even the kids playing games and teasing everyone.

We didn't make it to the reunion and feel so bad missing all the fun and games.  Traveling to her funeral became a must.  

The service was a great tribute to her with her 3 sons speaking.  Everyone testified that she was a woman of service and made everyone feel special.

Visiting with cousins
The best thing about cousins is
You never have to start over you just pick up where you left off.

More cousins
The younger one were pretty tired of sitting so long.

Look how he has grown in the last month.
We did see smiles...later

Aunt Judy & Uncle Murell Johnson
We were glad to they flew back to Utah.
and we were able to visit with them.

Love this crazy couple.
Eating with Uncle Dave.
Until he saw my funeral potatoes.
Then no distance was to great to get those potatoes in his mouth.
Dave had to hold on extra tight.


Heading Home
Dave was the chauffeur for our group.
The youngest passenger was ready to hit the road.
He was a pretty good sport tagging along with Dave & I.  He did have a few melt downs and thank goodness everyone cut him some slack.  I am so thankful for Dave for his willingness to come, drive, and wait around as everyone visited.

I am so thankful for family history and the stories that have been written down.  I heard new stories about this amazing lady that I will remember forever.  They also shared stories about great grandparents that I have never met but felt closer to today.

No comments: