Thursday, February 26, 2015

What is a Signature?


Ryder noticed that Dave & I write our names really weird.  He asked me what is was I was writing on his homework.  It is my signature.  Your what?  My signature.  Do I have one?  He asked, Not yet I told him.  He didn't like that answer it didn't tell him anything.

I tried explaining to him that he needed to learn to write his name first for school.  When he is older he will make his own signature out of his name so nobody can duplicate it.

He promptly told me that he would make his now and use it.  After he wrote this on a birthday card I asked him how will Dacoda know that it's from you if he can't ready it.  He promptly wrote his name underneath and said THERE!!!!

How do you explain to kids that your own handwriting is messy and we call it a signature to justify it.

No comments: