Sunday, June 16, 2013

Summer Fun....Mary Poppins

Let me set the picture for everyone.  I am very slow at finalizing plans and always wait too long so we miss out on fun things.  This year I am trying to break old habits and make new ones.  When Larry & Carrie told me they were coming for the preview night I knew that we should too.

I even got our tickets early and everyone (but me) got an email that the show wasn't ready and would be cancelled that night.  Thursday afternoon another email was sent and this one I got the show was back on.  

The night started out with dinner with Larry, Carrie, and family at their condo.  The best part of dinner was my kids all being to shy to talk much.  Dave & Ryder had a date at Yogartland and Ironman. 

Who are those funny people?
Two cute girls waiting for the show to begin.
Let's pester Uncle Larry, visit the gift shop, and get treats.
There they are.  
We didn't get to sit by each other so we did the next best thing by taking a picture of them.

The show started late, but it was amazing to watch.  The special effects or magic were amazing.  Mary Poppins flew around the stage, Bert walked up the walls, and finally how did they do that with putting the kitchen back together?  We had a good time but were really tired.  We made it home by 12:30 and into bed by 1.

They are begging to see Mulan later this summer.  It is on my list to get done and soon.

1 comment:

Susan said...

We saw Mary Poppins a few years ago when it came through Sacramento. We really enjoyed it.