Sunday, March 21, 2010

Spring Fun & Games

Saturdays are always full of housework, errands, and catchup at our house. I have been wondering at what ages can I get my kids involved with cleaning the house. They are really good at picking up their rooms, dusting, and help folding the towels. So what was the next step or chore?

I was feeling overwhelmed yesterday with all I needed to get done. Plus spending time with the kids. Then it came to me...Let's play a game of tearing our beds apart and racing the sheets to the laundry. The winner would get a quarter to spend later that day. Within five minutes the beds were apart and I had three smiling children eager to be the winner and get the quarter. I too was happy what would have taken me much longer to accomplish was done. I probably shouldn't have bribed them, but it got the chore done. In record time and with smiles.

Ryder and his bed
Reganne and her bed

Rylee's bed
I was on a roll and decided to clean the garbage cans. Each one found and brought me one can. Then they dumped them, squirted soap, and filled them up with water. We let them soak for an hour or two. Then everyone scrubbed their can or rather played in the water with the soap suds. They were wet from head to toe, but didn't want to stop. Who knew doing extra chores could be so much fun. What should I plan for next week?

With the chores done for the day our fun project was at Michael's Craft learning about birthday parties. For $2.50 and a new tee shirt they got to paint and create their own shirts. The teacher asked them if they wanted to try the stencil or create their own. All three wanted to make their own design.

Reganne and the soap
She loved painting her shirt and had the paint on her to prove it. She somehow got paint from the tips of her fingers down to her toes, and everywhere in between. She was all smiles. So what the heck she will wash. The teacher even scrubbed her up. What service!!!

Rylee & her pink hand
I gave them the bright idea to put a hand print on their shirts. What was I thinking???


Ryder
Really what was I thinking, this was mild to what soon followed.

Reganne and her famous pose

Check out our shirts
Oops we discovered Reganne still had her apron on. She took it off and ran back inside to give it back. When she came back she promptly told me that she and the teacher talked. She was proud of Reganne for bringing it back since it was the same color as her shirt.
A fun day full of chores, activties, smiles, and a few tears from being tired. Overall I think a successful day.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Robyn does that same pose. Maybe it's the age?

Unknown said...

It's me Susan.