Sunday, March 28, 2010

Bicycles and More

The weather finally is starting to feel like spring has sprung. No rain only wind this week. Dave and the kids decided to ride bikes. Dave found this handy gadget that goes on the back of the bike for you to hold onto until they get their balance. Rylee practiced after school and then again when I got home from work. SHE DID IT!!!! She can ride her bike by herself.


Dave & Rylee
Starting out on her bike

Rylee
There she goes...Look what I can do !!!

Saturday arrived again with too many activities and not enough time for everything. We decided to go to Michael's for their craft day "Fun with Crayola Magic Dot". Only the teacher didn't show up and their event coordinator quit. That left the store manager trying to figure it out. Well, me being impatient I started to play with the clay and tools. No such luck. So then I found a box with instructions and wouldn't you know presto we were playing. When the manager came back in the room with some instructions we were ready to go. I told her we needed some white clay to make our shapes and then they would decorate them with the colors. She then asked me if I wanted a job as the event coordinator. I laughed and said if I could bring my kids. I am not sure how serious she was, but she doesn't know how uncoordinated or uncrafty I really am.
We had to leave early to take Rylee to a friend's baptism. So we brought the stuff home with us. Ryder & Reganne played with it for another hour at home. It is really cool stuff, much better than Play Do. I have got to find more.

Reganne and her clay

Reganne & her flower (the finished project)


Ryder & his projects
He never really finished his, but kept pulling it apart and trying different things. When he finished he handed the pieces to me and with a smile said "For you mom"


Rylee started to make hers, but hasn't finished yet. To much other stuff to do.

1 comment:

Susan said...

What a neat gadget! We need something like that. Robyn is getting close to where we need to take the training wheels off. I'm not sure I'm excited about that.