Sunday, December 17, 2023

2023 Constitution Week

The Governor of Utah, Spencer Cox declared that the month of September would now be know as Constitution Month. United We Pledge listed many events to celebrate. I invited Grandma JeanAnn to come down and participate with me.

List of events.

Rylee & Grandma
It was Rylee's day off so she was excited to have some
alone time with her.

9/11 Remembrance
aka as Day of Service, Patriots Day
Field of Heros

Guest Speaker
He was a survivor at the World Trade Towers.
He was amazing and so inspiring.

First Responders
Instead of a moment of silence they rang bells.

Flag Retirement Service
over looking the Field of Heros

The local Boy Scouts demonstrating
the solemn ceremony of retiring old, worn out flags.
It is a very emotional ceremony.

The ashes will be
buried at Tonaquint Cemetery
The speaker at this mornings tribute spoke again.
It was an amazing service.

Every day I wonder have I taught manners and being a gentleman
to this crazy boy of ours.
Watching him taking care of grandma as she walked along the uneven walkway.
Warmed this mom's heart.

Ryder was our driver for the night
which included a bribery of ice cream afterwards.

It was a great day full of good things to participate in and learn from. I am so glad that grandma was able to come down and participate with me. I'm also glad that I was able to share this with Ryder. Hopefully, he will develop a love for our country and all that it stands for. Not to buy into the craziness going on all around us.

No comments: