Wednesday, September 20, 2023

2023 Ironman 70.3 North America Championships

It's that time of year again when Ironman athletes and support teams descend on St George getting ready to push their bodies to their limits.  I was a little late in sign up to volunteer so I'm trying something new T2 Timer. The job description sounded simple enough write down times at they leave the T2 area. If they have lost their band with the data chip assign them a new one. Sounds simple and maybe fun.

T2 Transition Area
Noticed something different from the others.
All participants must rack their own bikes.

Change of plans
No longer T2 but finish line.
This should be fun?

Our Crew
One lady asked for rubber gloves. Why on earth would we need those when all
we are doing is writing down times?

Nope!!
We must remove the ankle straps with the data chip inside.
Ohhhhh heck!!!!
Can you image what condition the bands are in?
I claimed the job of taking the bands, separate the pieces and put the yucky bands in one garbage can. The data piece into another. Most important keep everyone for putting garbage into either can. 

Finish Line Crowds

We had the nastiest job for the whole event. Thank goodness for the rubber gloves. I was proud of myself for not losing what ever was in my stomach when I thought to long about why the bands were so wet. I bet you just gagged over the mental picture. I love volunteering but this is one job I never hope to have again.

No comments: