Wednesday, October 13, 2021

Snippet of the Week

Once again I love the pictures that get sent to me during the week with the various adventures the kids are enjoying.

Rylee & Ruston borrowed the Hummer and headed to Lake Powell.

Where did the water go?
The beach is doubled in size since out last visit.

Lone Rock
This looks like you could walk out to it with no problem.
The drought is really taking a toll on everything around here.

Mitchell Waters' Wedding
We had to divide and conquer.
Dave went to the wedding and I went with Ryder to his swim interview.
We met with Ryder's new swim coach to talk about goals and desires for the new swim year.

Waiting not so patiently for his COVID Vaccine.
This past week we learned that a former teacher from our daycare had passed away fro COVID.  She was only 31 years old.  She did have some other issues that didn't help things.  Then Ryder's former Deacons/Scout Leader had been put in the ICU with COVID.
This rattled Ryder enough that he began looking for places to get the shot.  He was up at 5:30 by my bed telling me that he found an appointment all I had to do what check him out of school.  I convinced him to go back to bed.  3 hours later he was texting me to see what I had found.  The health department offers a walk in clinic until 4:00.  He could wait until Friday or go this afternoon.  He was ready for it now!!!
That was until we got there and then he wanted to change his mind.  The nurse kept on talking to him as he voiced his fears.  She then showed him how to hold his arm then quickly jabbed him.
THAT'S IT?
Will I get him back for the second dose?  That remains to be seen.  I did see him physically relax afterwards.  He had done all he could do to protect himself.

Rhonda is stuck

This great Christmas present comes in handy when I don't have time to always vacuum.  I started it on its cycle and then went about cooking dinner.  If you don't want her to wonder too far off track you need to close all doors of off limit areas.  I then get an urgent text message that Rhonda is in trouble.  We begin to look for her.  Who opened the doors?  NOT ME of course came the replies.  As I continued to look in the areas that normally mess her up I can't find her.  I even try the locator button and can hear the alarm and still nothing.  2nd attempt the alarm goes off and I look down.  She was wedged under the entry table and can't move forward, back, or sideways.  

It struck me that we all need help at times.  How lucky we are to have family, friends, and even our Heavenly Father available to help us out when we get jammed.  We just have to remember to ask for the help either by asking, texting, and even prayers.

No comments: