Wednesday, September 8, 2021

The Story Behind the Post...What is this Called?

Name??

Many, many years of going to the lake I have struggled with how bad I always look.  Hairstyles, different types of hats, and even no hats.  I always look the same like a drowned little rat.  People I know have walked by me and have no idea who I am.  

It's now time to embrace the look and enjoy the lake.  I asked Dave where his bucket hat was?  My what?  You'r fisherman's hat.  My what?  Your Gilligan Hat!!  Oh, my Australian Bushman's Hat.  Ryder brought out this hat for me to try.  Perfect it shades my eyes, and protects my face from the sun.  The strings will keep it from sailing into the lake.  I'm ready to go.

When asking friends from Facebook they all said this is a Bucket Hat.  Dave produced the Amazon listing to support his title.  I laughed at all of them my name is the best and truly shows my age.  The funniest thing is when I called it a Gilligan Hat they found it for me.  I didn't even have to explain it to the kids.

It definitely didn't improve my lake look but I didn't get sunburned.  I also didn't lose it.

No comments: