Sunday, September 18, 2016

Happy Belated Birthday


The joys of turning 50 was volunteering to have a colonoscopy.  When they handed me this lovely jug of powder I though how bad could it be.  Little did I know how bad it could be.  I even added lemonade powder to make it taste better.  I hate drinking Gatorade, Power Aid, or any sports drink for that matter.  The taste was awful and the aftermath was even worse.  

Bright and early I started drinking the other half.  I succeed about the same time I was supposed to stop eating or drinking.  Now it was time to wait.  

The magic hour arrived and we were on our way.  They gave me some sleepy medicine and I was out.  I woke up with the nurse telling me that everything went great and come back in 10 years.

I was starving and wanted lunch.  It felt great to have this behind me.  Time to relax and enjoy the rest of the day.

Now it is Dave's turn and he even made his own appointment.


Let the weekend begin.

No comments: