Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Blue & Gold Banquet

Ryder was really excited about his first Blue & Gold Banquet or so I thought.  Den meeting was making the invitations for each of their families.  When he handed it to me he promptly asked "What the heck is this? and why do I need to go?"  I tried to explain to him that it was a night to celebrate Cub Scouts and Dad & him would make a cake together for a contest with other boys.  He was all in.  
Maybe I was a little more excited than him since this was my first official one to attend as a Mom.  Remembering all the ones I had to stay home as the brothers all got to go for their special night with Dad & Mom.

Train in a snow storm
Dave & Ryder did an awesome job.
The cake was ooey, gooey, and very chocolaty!!!
Wolf Skit
Yucky bubblegum.
Awards
Mom!!! I got something.
The Helping Deed Belt Loop
A cub scout always does his best
and
Smiles even though he didn't win the wooden spoon.
It was a fun night with "Building A Cub Scout" with Bro Ivey showing a lot of different tools for different jobs.  Encouraging the boys to always try new things and learn new skills.  I thought dessert would be all the cakes the boys made.  Surprise!!! they had a special cake for everyone that was yummy.  The boys were able to take their cakes home for their families to enjoy.  We had a couple of boys ask for a taste and we gladly shared.

They announced that next pack meeting would be the Pinewood Derby.  The boys will all get their cars next week and den meeting.  Ryder can hardly wait to make his first one.

Until next month....... He will be working hard on his car.

No comments: