Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Our Nocturnal Visitor

Thursday was a quiet night everyone was exhausted from a busy day full of activities during Spring Break. We were all in bed and asleep by 10:30. 12:30 arrives with a visit from Rylee beside my bed telling us that there was a cat in her bed. I was mostly asleep and referred the problem to Dave. I promptly fell back to sleep (a wonderful trick I have learned this past year).

The next thing I hear is Dave coming back into the bedroom turning the lights on as he searches for his shoes. Telling me to get up and help get a cat outside. I rolled out of bed and went downstairs. I was greeted by the sight of Rylee standing in the hallway with the broom in her hand held like a bat ready to swing. Dave has his shoes on and lifts up one end of the couch in the theater room and out comes a black cat who heads straight for the open patio door.

We head back to our beds for what is left of the night.

The next morning I go to wake Rylee up and she is not in her bed. She moved to Reganne's bed to get away from any more visitors. I promptly asked her what happened last night.

"I heard meowing in my room, but I was too tired to get up and look. I thought it was from the radio. The next thing I feel something brush my arm and start purring. I jumped out of bed and turned the light on. There was a black cat sitting on my bed. It was scared from the light and quickly ran out of my room to Grandma's Room. That is when I came and got you and Dad.

The cat rather than run outside at the first sight of brooms and people yelling to leave promptly ran under the couch.

Moral of the story don't leave your patio door open while you are working. Then don't close your bedroom doors and trap uninvited visitors inside.

1 comment:

Susan said...

At least it was a cat and not some slithery creature! Though the cat would have scared me too -- especially when you don't have one.