Sunday, December 11, 2011

Christmas Craft: Apple Cinnamon Ornaments

I love the smells of Christmas and this year is no different. However, I have problems creating them and keeping my house smelling festive. This year I found a recipe in a magazine for Mott's Applesauce & Cinnamon Ornaments. I couldn't resist trying them. As I mixed, stirred, and kneaded them they smelled wonderful. Baking them and cleaning up afterwards they smelled wonderful. Then came the time to string yarn through them and hang them up. Slowly the smell started to fade.


Cooling & Drying from the oven.



Decorating the tree



More decorating the house

By Monday morning the smell had faded altogether. Back to the drawing board for more ideas to make it smell like Christmas. Brown circles with yarn don't look very nice if they don't smell.

1 comment:

Susan said...

I can't bring back the smell but you could always paint them so they look a little nicer.